Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thomas & Friends Quilt

 
They're 2, they're 4, they're 6, they're 8
Shunting trucks and hauling freight
Red & green & brown & blue
They're a really useful crew

I find myself singing this all the time!  My 2 year old LOVES Thomas and as a bribe (yes I admit to bribing my kid...bad habit!) to make it through a trip to the fabric store I bought a 1/2 yard of some Thomas fabric. I had no idea what I would make from it...maybe a pillowcase or bag or something.  Well somehow I decided to make it into a blanket...pillowcase would have been much easier & quicker!

This little blanket turned out pretty good (don't look too close!) and my son LOVES it!  Here are some details:

PS - He picked out the yellow satin trim!  He loves yellow.  I tried to convince him to choose a nice mellow light blue- oh well, it's his blanket!
Here's the back- got this fabric, believe it our not, from Walmart! 
Can you see the star design I sewed?



Here's an example of how it's not perfect.  I am HORRIBLE at corners for trim & bias tape! 
I feel like it was a success because it didn't fall apart when I washed it, haha!

~Erica








Show and Tell GreenPhotobucket

7 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous - I totally wish I could sew! Your son is lucky to have such a crafty mom.

    Stopped by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Erika! What a beautiful job you did on this quilt. I absolutely LOVE it : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I've never braved mitered satin corners, so kudos! I did just see a mitering tool the other day in a fabric shop and was tempted to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, my son would FREAK out if I made one like this! I love the bright fabric.

    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! My 3 yr old GIRL would love this! I like your felt Thomas too-I'm thinking of making that this weekend for her. xoxo
    thanks for sharing.
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet he loves it! Great job! Looks fabulous! Thanks for linking this too!

    ReplyDelete

bisforboy@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...